This class will meet 11/30 - 1/4 from 6 - 7 PM
The Training Center
457A State Road, VH (Woodland Center,lower level)
Welcome to Puppy class!
Puppy HeadStart is geared towards our young learners - puppies ages 10 - 18 weeks of age.
Week 1 of class is for people only!
During week 1 we'll be learning how to train effectively and efficiently, what makes behavior 'work' for your puppy and practicing some mechanical skills for you to take home and begin training with your puppy.
Week 2, all teams arrive and the fun begins!
Most people are surprised to learn that early learning classes can provide some of the most important lasting skills for the young puppy.
Your young puppy is carefully studying every day to day experience "humm... how well did that work?" - Through this class you can learn how to take advantage of this by providing consistent pro-active management, setting up fun but controlled exposure to the human world and begin an introduction to basic obedience.
We will also work on a variety of fun games which promote focus, impulse control and teach bite inhibition.
Positive Rewards offers owners the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy program through this class.
dog requirements for this class
age: puppies 10 - 18 weeks of age
vaccinations : minimum requirement - 1st vaccination series
What do I need for class?
* a copy of your puppy's current vaccination record (required for attendance)
* bait bag or fanny pack to hold your rewards for your puppy. No plastic baggies, please!
* 4 foot flat leash (no flexi-leashes)
* flat buckle collar or body harness
* minimum 1 cup of interesting small bits of food your puppy wants to work to recieve
* 2 clean up bags for your puppy